"Each man has a song and this is my song." (Leonard Cohen)

Friday, March 5, 2010

Howdy, pards! Welcome to this new blog.


Howdy, pards.


Friday 5th March 2010, half past nine in the evening here in Paris, France, and I am launching a Western blog. A big day!

My name's Jeff Arnold. I read, write, watch and talk about Westerns when I'm not doing anything else. Like working. Sometimes even then.

Like so many people, I love Westerns and everything to do with them, movies especially.

This blog will contain jottings and rambling observations of anything to do with the American West: a movie I've just seen again or (sadly rare, but it happens) I've just seen for the first time. A trip I've just taken to New Mexico or Wyoming. A novel I'm reading. Some history. Whatever.

I'd like to hear from you too, dear reader.

You'll probably disagree with much of what I write. The opinions expressed will be, ahem, idiosyncratic. Contradict me, do. You have the right to your opinions. Anyone has the right to be wrong.

Later this weekend I'll start the ball rolling with a review of the latest Western I've just watched on DVD.(The Lawless Breed, in fact).


So long.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment